Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eclipse crashes inbetween.....

Hi Friends,

Whats up?  From the past few days I was working on eclipse galileo for development into the php or in a broad for drupal. It was working fine till yesterday when I installed Android on the same instance. Didn't got the reason but after that my eclipse started giving me problem and it was crashing on each time I tried to make any changes to my drupal instance through eclipse. So to resolve the issue I did following things.

  1. turn off all Eclipse instances
  2. delete following files:
    • WORKSPACE/.metadata
    • ~/.mozilla/eclipse
    • ~/.eclipse
  3. add -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.9.2.10/libxpcom.so to the end of your eclipse.ini file (actual path to your libxpcom.so may be different)
  4. you are done. You may use your Eclipse safely
But Yes there now one more issue that came up to me. And that is this that whatever third party plug-ins I installed like php, mercurial, svn, android etc. all have been gone. So need to again reinstall all of them. So before doing these changes make sure that you can reinstall all again and you have all the details in hand to reinstall them. For php, svn and mercurial you can refer my blog here.

For Android or others you need to google for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment